In less than a year, the Hydda family has grown from two to more than 100 employees. One of the latest recruits is the parent company’s new Marketing and Communications Manager Karin Gunnerbeck. Her mission is to build Hydda’s brand to attract new customers and employees as well as more investors.
Hello Karin! What will you be doing at Hydda?
– My title is CMCO, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer. I will work with Hydda’s brand, marketing and communications, but also drive other projects to further develop Hydda and achieve our business goals.
What is your professional background? What have you done before?
– I most recently come from a similar role at the fintech company Qliro. I have also been managing Santander’s insurance business in Sweden and worked as a management consultant at EY.
What was it that attracted you and made you change jobs?
– It might sound a bit like a cliché, but Hydda is really on a very exciting journey. We are helping to create solutions for the smart and sustainable cities of the future, focusing on the places and spaces where we live, work and play. That spurs me on and motivates me tremendously. I also feel that my role and mission at Hydda is really needed, which is important to me.
We always ask the classic sports question: How does it feel?
– It feels really, really good! Incredibly exciting. There’s a momentum now, this is it! The train has just left the station and started accelerating, and I’m so excited to be on the journey.
How well did you know proptech before and what do you think about the future of the industry?
– Proptech is pretty new to me, but the industry is today where fintech was about 4-5 years ago. And of course I know a lot about that journey. There will be so much happening in this industry in the coming years. Proptech is one of the prerequisites for building sustainable, smart and more efficient cities.
How do you want to contribute to Hydda’s development?
– With energy, joy and drive. I love working together in a great team and look forward to us building a proptech powerhouse together. What’s more, I never give up!
What will you tackle first?
– Right now, I’m getting to know the people and companies in the Hydda family. We will find effective ways to collaborate and create a shared community, where we work together to build strong brands – both for the Hydda Group as a whole and for the portfolio companies.
What are you like as a person? What are your strengths and weaknesses?
– It’s probably already obvious but I really like people and get almost all my energy from being surrounded by talented and great colleagues. That energy is usually contagious and I’m good at making people feel engaged and included. I’m also quite fearless and like to try new things. Or like Pippi Longstocking puts it; “I’ve never done this before, so I’m sure I can do it”. A weakness is that I kind of wilt if I don’t get to be in a social context at work. I know a lot of people who found the Corona pandemic’s remote working to be a great benefit, but I mostly found it depressing not being able to come into the office and work closely with my colleagues.
What drives you in your everyday life?
– The people! And doing fun and exciting things together. The feeling that we do great stuff makes me very enthusiastic. I also need to be challenged. Being in my comfort zone for too long makes me bored and uninspired.
What do you like to do when you’re not working?
– I love being in the water! Preferably in a salty sea, but also in the bathtub. Otherwise, I prefer to spend my free time with my husband and our two children, aged 6 and 8. We like to be in Skåne, where we have a small cottage, which I use to call our “hydda” (the Swedish word for hut). I have big and exciting plans for that hut too. Step by step we are creating our own little paradise there.
Against the backdrop of Hydda’s rapid growth rate and ongoing expansion plans, an experienced HR manager is key. The role is vital to ensuring that we maintain efficiency while building a great culture and offering a fun and challenging work environment for everyone.
The Hydda family continues to grow! Our new controller Elisabet Hansson will mainly work with accounting and reporting in our fast growing group. As a change from all the everyday numbers, she also likes to paint – even if the studio at Sankt Eriksplan is now a thing of the past.
What can be achieved in a year? Quite a lot, with the right people and partners. Today it’s exactly one year since Hydda was founded and since our partnership and collaboration with Blq Invest and Sweden’s largest property owner, Vasakronan, began.
Having the best solutions is not enough. The market and target groups also need to know who you are and like your brand. Hydda’s new Marketing and Communications Officer Karin Gunnerbeck will play an important role in making Hydda Group the leading proptech powerhouse in Europe.